From the West & South via the PA Turnpike (I-76)
- Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike (Interstate 76) to Exit 146 (Bedford, old Exit 11).
- Take Interstate 99 North about 48 miles to Exit 48 (Tyrone) and follow 453 South signs.
- After turning RIGHT onto Route 453 South at the second stop sign, go 0.2 mile to the junction with Route 550/Truck Rt 45.
- Bear RIGHT and follow Route 453 South (IGNORE previous signs for Rt. 45 and Truck Rt. 45 that branch off to the left).
- Proceed 5.2 miles on Route 453 South. Turn LEFT onto Shovel Works Road (Shovel Works Road is a very small, hidden road. Approximately one mile before you get to Shovel Works Road, Route 453 expands from two-lanes to four-lanes as it passes through a large “cut” in a limestone ridge. When you hit the crest of the four-lane section, look at your odometer—you will be about one mile away from Shovel Works Road. As you go down the hill on 453 South, the four-lane narrows once again to two lanes. At that point, you will be about 0.4 mile from Shovel Works Road on the left. Slow down—it’s VERY easy to miss it.)
- Turn LEFT onto Shovel Works Road and go 0.3 mile to the Right-Turn-Keep-Moving stop sign.
- At the stop sign you will see a sign that says “Spruce Creek – 2 Miles. Turn RIGHT down the short hill and follow River Road (SR 4006) 1.2 miles toward Spruce Creek to a railroad underpass.
- Proceed through underpass carefully (honk horn or flash lights) 0.2 mile to stop sign.
- After stopping pull straight ahead onto Route 45 East for 0.3 mile to the white church.
- Proceed past white church, crossing the Route 45 bridge over the Little Juniata. Go very slowly because you will be taking the VERY FIRST RIGHT after you cross the bridge.
- Turn RIGHT onto Riverside Drive (just beyond the first yellow house on the right). After 100 feet, you’re on Spring Ridge Club private property. Continue in the lane past the White House and the limestone Spring Ridge Clubhouse (both on the left). After passing the Clubhouse, look for and park in the small parking lot on the left just before reaching the barn. Our offices and fly shop are on the first floor of the Clubhouse.